Tuesday 11 December 2007

Ramanama

I have, of late, begun to read Gandhi’s autobiography. I have not proceeded very far with it, as yet, but one thing has struck me with such a force that I am already thankful for beginning this reading. This is the concept of “Ramanama”.



Gandhi purports to have gained immense strength from this practice. I have conducted a brief web search but profess that I have yet to find the exact methodology behind this practice. However, I am particularly impressed at the notion of having a ‘practice’ that possesses the potential to imbue one with such power and motivation as had Gandhi.

I am, therefore, set to the task of finding such a practice as this for myself. It, of course, does not have to be ramanama, since that is based around the Hindu deity of Rama. Just as long as I find something, that is what counts. I am exceedingly glad to have discovered that such a thing as this exists”


No comments: